For more information, contact Continuing Education at 814-375-4772 or
e-mail [email protected].
AutoCAD: Level 1
In this hands-on computer-aided design course, participants will be provided with an introduction to display commands, CAD tools, basic draw commands, basic edit commands, layers, CAD construction techniques, creating text, block and drawing import options, dimensions, crosshatching, grips, introduction to layouts, and plotting basics. Participants will acquire the fundamental skills necessary for the development of mechanical, architectural, and/or civil drawings using AutoCAD.
- The AutoCAD environment
- Introduction to drawing
- Making changes to AutoCAD objects
- Annotation using AutoCAD
- Hatch objects
- Reusable AutoCAD content
- Additional drawing objects
- Plotting a drawing
- Template drawings
AutoCAD: Level 2
This course will provide participants an understanding of AutoCAD’s advanced productivity tools. Participants will begin to explore some of the subtler capabilities of AutoCAD, step-by-step with specific examples and plenty of hands-on projects, providing a skill set that translates directly to on-the-job use. Prerequisites: AutoCAD Level 1 (see above) or equivalent work experience.
- AutoCAD tools and strategies to work efficiently
- Isometric drafting
- Create, write, and modify blocks
- Define and manage attributes
- Create and modify dynamic blocks
- Work with geometric, parametric constraints, and parameters manager
- Insert references to external files such as other drawings, raster images, and underlays
- Manage layers, layer states, filters, and groups
- Print and publish multiple sheets or drawings to a plotter, printer, or pdf document