New Student Orientation: Advising & Scheduling (NSO) Phase 1 – R.O.A.R.
First Year Students
You must take your math placement test (ALEKS) before scheduling a date for NSO. You will receive an email in the account you listed on your application with instructions. In order to access the ALEKS Math Assessment via LionPATH, you must have an active Penn State Access Account. You should have already activated your account, but if you need assistance please return to myPennState or visit us on the web at http://orientation.psu.edu.
New Student Orientation (NSO) Phase 1 – R.O.A.R.
- Explains placement for Math and English writing courses
- Includes a one-on-one scheduling session with your NSO advisor. During this session, you will discuss your educational plans.
- Teaches you about the academic structure of Penn State and with the multiple degree programs available.
- May provide you with a Penn State Student ID. In order to obtain a Penn State id+Card, students must present one of the following forms of photo IDs: A state-issued driver’s license or ID card, a passport, US or a military photo ID. PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING THIS WITH YOU ON YOUR NSO DAY.
- Acquaints you with the DuBois campus, our procedures, staff, and our Orientation Leaders.
- Helps you select courses and register for your first semester of study.
Timeline for students admitted Fall 2019
After you complete your ALEKS math placement test you will be prompted via email to register for NSO Phase 1 R.O.A.R. through the VZO system. Before your scheduled date, you will be notified by email to complete pre-NSO homework. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE ATTENDING NSO.
Please plan to spend the entire day on campus with a family member or parent.
Fall 2019 New Student Orientation Dates:
NOTE to Transfer Students - For students transferring 18 or more college credits - Please contact the Advising Center. We may want to meet with you privately in order to discuss your incoming credits prior to orientation. Attending orientation provides students the opportunity to learn about Penn State DuBois and get connected with the technology used for student records and classroom requirements.
Timeline for transfer students admitted for Fall
Transfer students please check your regular mail and email for further information for you to schedule your NSO date.
For questions, call the Academic Advising Center at 814-372-3035.