Student Health Services
Student Health Services provides quality health care, wellness programming, and counseling and psychological services to Penn State DuBois students. Our goal is to help enhance students' physical and mental health as well as assess and treat illness and injury. All students registered for the current semester are eligible for services.
The following health services are offered free to all Penn State DuBois students:
- Routine health services for minor illnesses and injuries
- Referral to the campus physician or to family doctor for primary medical care for serious injuries and acute illnesses
- Mental health counseling services
- Referral and liaison services with outside health agencies
- Health history forms/information-as-required for admission and registration to Penn State University
- Rest area for ill students
- Information programs relating to health, drugs, weight control, stress, smoking, mental health, family planning, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases, and health counseling, etc.
- Health Screenings
- Free literature, including information brochures on various health issues
All student health records are confidential. No information may be released without the written consent of a student.
- Call the 24/7 Crisis Line at 1(877) 229-6400
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line:: Text "LIONS" to 741741
- Call the Trevor Lifeline at 866-488-7386
- Link for more information on Trevor Chat and Trevor Text
Immunizations offer safe and effective protection from vaccine-preventable diseases. The United States is experiencing re-emergence of these diseases, in part due to factors such as non-immunized and under-immunized persons and global travel. University Health Services of the Pennsylvania State University strongly supports the use of vaccines to protect the health of our individual students and our campus community.
For additional immunization information and submission requirements, go to the Immunization Compliance web page.
Health Insurance Advocate
The Student Insurance Advocate which is part of University Health Services, a unit of Student Affairs, provides individual student consultation as well as outreach and education to students and student groups around health insurance. The student insurance advocate will assist students in identifying insurance options, including the Penn State Student Health Insurance Plan, Medicaid or Affordable Care Act marketplace plans. This new position also will help qualified students navigate the application processes for these plans. https://studentaffairs.psu.edu/insurance-advocate
How to contact
The Student Insurance Advocate is stationed in the Student Health Center on the University Park campus but will travel periodically to the Commonwealth Campuses to provide support. Commonwealth Campus students can consult with the Student Insurance Advocate via video chat, email or phone call. Individual students, families, faculty/staff or student groups can schedule a time to talk with the Student Insurance Advocate by emailing [email protected] or calling 814-865-7467. The Advocate is also available to schedule a face-to-face, or video/zoom appointment.