The Counseling Center at Penn State DuBois offers a variety of wellness programs on campus throughout the year. Below are some resources that provide support as well as work toward the promotion of healthy living:
Penn State has partnered with WellTrack, an on-line therapy platform for stress, anxiety and depression and can be used as a self-help tool or in conjunction with therapy. WellTrack is HIPAA compliant, easy to navigate, mobile friendly, and has a companion app “MoodCheck.” WellTrack is free to all students!
To register for WellTrack:
1. Visit: welltrack.com/signup
2. Enter Access Code: golions!
3. Watch for an email from [email protected] to confirm your account
4. You are now logged in and ready to begin
Download on the App Store or Get It on Google Play
Stand for State
Stand for State is Penn State’s bystander intervention program focusing on sexual and relationship violence, mental health concerns, acts of bias, and risky drinking and drug use. Our goal is to create a campus community where everyone plays a role in watching out for each other because everyone deserves to be safe.
Take Action with the 3Ds:
- Direct: Directly interact with the people involved in the situation, and express that you are concerned.
- Distract: Distract the people involved by diverting their attention to something else and use the distraction to covertly defuse the situation.
- Delegate: Delegate your responsibility to intervene in a concerning situation by notifying someone who is better equipped to handle that particular situation. If you ever feel unsafe, always delegate.
For more information on how to Stand for State, call the PSU DuBois program contact:
Coordinator of Health Services Nurse,
Student Programs & Services Instructor in CPR,
Health and Human Development
101 Hiller Building
Advocacy group for young adult mental health awareness and suicide prevention.
Community Connections of Clearfield/Jefferson Counties http://www.ccc-j.com/pages/welcome
County Administration for all mental services and assists individuals in the local community connect with service providers.
Half of Us www.halfofus.com
In conjunction with mtvU and The Jed Foundation, Half of Us works to initiate a public dialogue to raise awareness about the prevalence of mental health issues and connect students to the appropriate resources to get help.
Try Headspace to learn the essentials of meditation and mindfulness with the free Basics pack.
Downloadable app designed to help teens and young adults cope with anxiety.
National Alliance on Mental Illness www.nami.org
Advocacy group, representing people affected by mental illness in the United States
Network of Care www.networkofcare.org/splash.aspx
National Database with links to various community services by state and region (where applicable)
Penn Highlands Behavioral Health https://www.phhealthcare.org/service/behavioral-health/service
Provides Inpatient and Outpatient Behavioral Health Services in DuBois and surrounding areas.
Online resource for college mental health