In the event of an emergency, immediately call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
If you are experiencing a Mental Health Crisis:
- Call the Penn State Crisis Line at 1-877-229-6400 or County Crisis 1-800-341-5040
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text “LIONS” to 741741
- Go to Penn Highlands DuBois Emergency Room at 100 Hospital Avenue, DuBois, PA
- Contact the Campus Counselor at (814) 375-4832 or go to the Counseling Center located at 108 Hiller Building between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- If the counselor is unavailable, seek out someone! Support is available through:
- Student Affairs, 106 Hiller Building, (814) 375-4766
- Campus Nurse, 15 Hiller Building (downstairs near the auditorium), (814) 375-4765
- Campus Police, 109 Hiller Building, (814) 375-4734
- Any member of campus can get you to someone for help. Just Ask! U Matter to us.
The Penn State Crisis Line can also be used for consultation if you know someone or are with someone who is experiencing a crisis. The Penn State Crisis Line can be used at all campuses. However, the caller must be in the U.S.
If you are experiencing a problem with Psychiatric Medications:
If you are having a problem with a psychiatric medication, call the prescribing provider. If your problem is urgent or involves serious side effects, call 911 or go to Penn Highlands DuBois Emergency Room, 100 Hospital Ave, DuBois, PA 15801.
Any of the Crisis Numbers Below are also here to support you: