A VETERAN IS......
a former member of the Armed Forces of the United States (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard) who served on active duty and was discharged under conditions, which were other than dishonorable. There is no minimum number of days a student must have served on active duty to be considered a veteran. However, periods of active duty for training, pursuant to an enlistment in the National Guard or Reserves, do not qualify a student as a veteran. Thus former or current members of the National Guard or Reserves are not considered to be veterans unless they had prior or subsequent service with an active component of the Armed Forces (Reservists called to active duty by Executive Order qualify as veterans). Persons who attended military academies are now considered veterans for financial aid purposes.
Prospective Student Veterans
- See Enrolling as a Veteran Student
- Contact Stefanie Penvose, Student Aid Coordinator and Veterans Certifying Official at (814) 371-4761 or [email protected]
Current Student Veterans
- Contact Rebecca Pennington, Director of Student Affairs, at (814) 375-4766 or [email protected] for veteran support services
- Current student veterans are eligible for Priority Registration. Contact Stefanie Penvose for information at [email protected]
- Financial Aid Resources for Veteran Students
- To join the Veterans Club contact Sueann Doran at [email protected]
- To join our Adult Student and Veteran program planning committee contact Rebecca Pennington at [email protected]
- We also offer other programs and services to our veterans. Watch your email for notices regarding other activities.