Student Athlete Spotlight - David Kozlowski

David Kozlowski

Penn State DuBois right-handed pitcher David Kozlowski.

Credit: Penn State

Athletes have sacrificed the opportunity to participate in their sport, yet they’ve remained dedicated to their training and to their academic success. Penn State DuBois student-athletes are no different and have continued to work overtime to achieve their goals amid COVID restrictions.

David Kozlowski majors in wildlife technology at Penn State DuBois with plans to further his education in the Wildlife and Fisheries Science program at University Park. The Russellton, Pennsylvania, native and right-handed pitcher on the Penn State DuBois baseball team is a graduate of Deer Lakes High School.

Kozlowski said, “My goal is to have a great job where I love what I do, and stay connected to my friends and family at home. Penn State DuBois has an excellent wildlife program and I love the small community where you get to know everyone. Coming here is one of the best decisions I ever made.”

On the benefits of participating in campus athletics, Kozlowski said, “I’ve made so many friends, and to be part of something bigger by being on a team of amazing friends and men is very special. My favorite memories are 6 a.m. workouts, going to practice, hanging out with my teammates, and nothing beats dog piling after winning both the PSUAC and national championship twice.”