Admission decisions for first-year students are made on the basis of several combined factors including:
- Final grades in all subject areas for years nine, ten, and eleven of high school (senior year grades will be required upon completion for those applying before high school graduation)
- Weighted average or class rank for students who have taken AP/Honors courses
- Required Carnegie (high school) units
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
Approximately two-thirds of the decision for each student is based upon the high school grade-point average (GPA). The remaining one-third of the decision is based on other factors, which may include standardized verbal and math test scores, class rank, personal statement, and activities list.
Estimating First-year Student Eligibility for Baccalaureate Majors High School GPA. *High school GPA range is based on a 4.0 scale.
High School GPA* Middle 50% Range
- University Park 3.51-3.90
- All Other Campuses 2.87-3.35
Composite SAT Middle 50% Range (Math and English scores)
- University Park 1180-1340
- All Other Campuses 960-1150
Composite ACT Middle 50% Range
- University Park 26-30
- All Other Campuses (inquire with admissions counselor)