Mission and Goals
The Center for Undergraduate Excellence (CUE) supports and enhances the academic development of all students at Penn State DuBois. Through proactive, intentional, and innovative programs as well as peer tutoring and guided study groups, the CUE designs opportunities for students to achieve their academic goals and persist toward degree completion. Our staff and tutors partner with faculty to provide a rewarding experience while promoting disciplinary knowledge and skills, as well as the successful habits of life-long learners. The CUE provides a friendly, open, and diverse atmosphere designed to offer high quality, FREE academic support and tutoring to any student seeking assistance. Our goal is to improve student success, retention, and graduation rates by offering the best service possible to each and every student.
The CUE provides:
• Individualized and group experiences and workshops designed to develop study strategy skills, based on approaches supported by research
• Individualized and group experiences designed to help students improve class performance
• Collaboration and communication with faculty and staff to provide support for students experiencing academic difficulties
• Consistent, skillful, and professional tutoring to all Penn State DuBois students in offered courses
• A supportive, respectful, ethical, and comfortable learning environment
• An equitable and safe working environment offering accessible, adaptive resources for diverse learners
• Classroom presentations and tours of CUE facilities
Location and Hours
The CUE is located in the Swift Building, in room 253. It is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Appointments can be made by stopping by the CUE, calling for an appointment, or e-mailing for an appointment.
The CUE is directly supervised by Diana Kreydt, Student Advocacy Specialist 3. CUE services are provided by 15 peer tutors. Peer tutors have successfully completed the classes they tutor in and have been recommended by their professors as knowledgeable in their fields of study. These tutors also maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average or better in their coursework.
Peer tutors are available for Accounting, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Dendrology, Educational Psychology, English, HDFS, Math, Physics, Psychology, Spanish, Speech, Statistics, and Wildlife classes. English and Math tutors are available all day long; other tutors are available as schedules permit. In addition, if you are in need of tutoring for a class not listed, please see us as we may be able to assist in other areas.
To schedule an appointment or contact the CUE, please e-mail Diana Kreydt at [email protected] or call 375-4795.
Any correspondence may be sent to:
1 College Place
DuBois, PA 15801