Tutoring appointments may be obtained in any of three ways:
- Walk in to the CUE (Swift 253) to see a tutor at that time, or schedule for a tutoring session later
- Call the CUE at 375-4795
- E-mail the CUE Coordinator at [email protected]
Tutors are especially busy during midterms and finals. It is recommended that students schedule ahead of time, if possible, during these times.
Tutoring sessions may last anywhere from five minutes up to one hour. Tutors are available to answer quick questions or to work with students for the entire hour. In addition, students may stop in once or twice or may return recurrently throughout the semester.
Any student who attends Penn State DuBois classes, whether online or in person, is eligible for tutoring services. Students may seek tutoring in any or all classes. Students may seek tutoring whether they have excellent grades or poor grades.
Penn State DuBois tutoring services in the CUE are FREE to any present Penn State DuBois student. No costs are associated with these tutoring services.
Because there are many students receiving tutoring services in the same location at the same time, Penn State DuBois asks that all tutorees be considerate of others while using the CUE. In this vein, the following rules have been established. Please:
- Refrain from the use of profanity
- Refrain from carrying on non-relevant conversations while in the CUE
- Use headphones when listening to music/videos/etc.
- Take all cell phone calls outside of the CUE
- Speak quietly
- Be considerate of computer usage, allowing others access to the computer if they need it for tutoring purposes
- Be respectful of all peers and tutors
- Clean up after yourself
Sharing of Information
No tutor will discuss a tutoring session with anyone outside of the CUE without the student’s express consent. Professors may be notified of the session, but only if the student agrees to it.