How to Become a Tutor
The CUE is interested in hiring outstanding Penn State DuBois students to become peer tutors. Tutors are scheduled before, after, and between classes as needed. Tutors may be scheduled from six to 15 hours per week, depending on schedules and tutor preference.
Benefits of being a tutor include:
- Reinforcement of knowledge of the subject matter
- Strengthened problem-solving and communication skills
- Opportunity to meet other Penn State DuBois students and make new friends
- The ability to help others and make a difference in another student’s life
- Employment through Penn State DuBois at an on-campus location
- Flexible schedule
- Building resume and obtaining positive future references
Tutors must have earned an A in the courses they are tutoring
Tutors must maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average
Tutors must provide recommendations from at least two college professors
Tutors must obtain child abuse clearances as required by law and Penn State regulations. Clearances need not be completed until the person has been officially hired.
How to Apply
Tutors who are interested and meet the qualifications may apply by completing an application and submitting a resume and cover letter for the “peer tutor” position at https://psu.jobs/dubois/jobs. For further information, please contact Diana Kreydt @ [email protected].