The Office for Student Disability Resources (OSDR) currently administers nine scholarships for students with disabilities. The OSDR accepts applications for scholarships beginning January 15th through April 30th each year. All scholarship applicants must be determined by The University to have a disability according to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, or the ADAAA of 2008.
- PSU Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher
- Enrolled at least two semesters
- Enrolled for number of credits required by specific scholarship
Along with the scholarship application, students must submit one of two letters as verification of their disability:
- a copy of the Spring semester adjustment letter provided by the Office for Student Disability Resources
- a letter from the Disability Resources Coordinator specifically verifying that the student is considered by PSU to have a disability
- Applications must be received, not postmarked, by April 30th. There are NO exceptions.
Financial Aid Information
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for determination of financial need for each academic year.
Scholarship Application Criteria
- Students must meet all of the criteria set forth in the scholarship guidelines.
- Award amounts are distributed by placing half in the student’s account in the Fall semester and half in the student’s account in the Spring semester of the following year. Awards are not made for summer sessions.
- It is not necessary to submit a separate application for each scholarship.
- All applications must be filled out completely. Applications that are submitted with missing information will not be considered in the selection process.
- Students awarded scholarships will be notified by mail. Awardees can expect a letter prior to the Fall semester. The Office for Student Disability Resources will not notify students who do not receive a scholarship award.