Kaltura is Penn State’s media management platform for storing, publishing, and streaming videos, video collections, and other media.
All Penn State faculty, staff, and students can access Kaltura through the Penn State MediaSpace Portal.
Kaltura and Canvas
In MediaSpace, Penn State faculty, staff and students can:
- Upload and create digital media
- Share publicly or privately
- Collaborate on content via channel permissions
- Browse public channels and galleries (public channels and galleries are also available to the general public)
In Canvas, faculty and students can:
- Create, upload, manage, publish, and view media
- Capture and stream lecture content
- Deploy video assignments and in-video quizzes
- Embed video content
- View video analytics
Resources for Learning and Integrating Kaltura
Interested in using Kaltura in your course?
- For a comprehensive guide for faulty, view the ITLD Faculty Learning Path.
- For a comprehensive guide for students, view the ITLD Quick Start Guide for Students.
- For online training through IT Learning and Development (ITLD), please view their Kaltura General Information: Find Training resources.
Links to Kaltura text and video tutorials are also available from the TLT Media Commons Kaltura Tutorials page for specific.