DUBOIS, Pa. — A group of Penn State DuBois faculty and staff members were honored on Wednesday, April 14, during a virtual celebration of the Length of Service Awards. Penn State DuBois annually recognizes faculty and staff members for their years of employment when they reach personal, five-year milestones.
Chancellor M. Scott McBride said to those attending, “It takes every single person, in every role, to keep things running smoothly on our campus. Everyone plays a vital role, and all of you work hard to make sure we are successful. We are all in this together. For all of the hard work you do in all of your various roles, we thank you. Know that we appreciate you. We have the stellar campus that we have because of our people.”
Those recognized this year are:
- David Bish, assistant teaching professor of criminal justice – 5 years.
- Lisa Buskirk, administrative assistant, academic affairs – 5 years.
- Kathy Matts, finance assistant – 10 years.
- Lori Sabatose, administrative assistant – NCPA LaunchBox /Alumni - 10 years.
- Fred Terwilliger, lecturer in information sciences and technology – 10 years.
- Emily Thomas, assistant teaching professor of wildlife technology – 10 years.
- Barb Kopshina, library assistant – 15 years.
- Holly Tkacik, associate teaching professor, physical therapist assistant – 15 years.
- Jason Long, assistant teaching professor of information sciences and technology – 20 years.
- Heather Parizek, assistant teaching professor of mathematics – 20 years.
- Keely Roen, associate teaching professor of wildlife technology – 20 years.
- Amy Sprague, bookstore manager – 20 years.
- Robin Gill, instructional development specialist – 25 years.
- Robert Loeb, professor of forestry / biology – 35 years.
- Mary Mino, associate chief academic officer and associate professor of communication arts and sciences – 35 years.