Penn State DuBois and Workforce Solutions (North Central Workforce Development Board) are pleased to provide an unprecedented professional development opportunity in our area. This 12-hour seminar, led by experienced faculty from the Penn State University College of Nursing, will present information related to the following topic areas:
- Leadership in Health Professions; including change management
- Economics of Healthcare Management and Policy; including budgeting
- Operations Management in Healthcare Organizations; including information technology
- Workforce Management in Healthcare Organizations; including conflict management
- The Business of Healthcare; including power and politics
- Strategic Management; including productivity
Date: Tuesday and Wednesday, June 27 and 28, 2017
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Penn State DuBois, DEF Building
Fee: $420 per participant
Registration: Grant funding is available to PA residents who are employees of healthcare agencies located in the counties of Cameron, Clearfield, Elk, Jefferson, McKean and Potter. For agencies outside of these six counties please contact Pam Streich at 814-245-1835, or by email at [email protected], to determine eligibility.
Who Should Attend: Registered Nurses who are transitioning into a mid-level leadership role,clinical leaders in all areas of patient care, and patient care staff members aspiring to become managers/supervisors.
This seminar is pending approval for 12.0 contact hours. Penn State University College of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
**Participants are asked to bring a laptop computer for the seminar. If unable to bring a laptop, a university computer will be available.