Penn State DuBois Honors Scholar Application for Fall 2023 will be open from October 24 to December 31, 2022.
Please complete and send in all application materials so that we receive them by the deadline. We will contact students selected for further consideration in January to schedule in-person interviews. All students will be notified of their status in the Program by February 1, 2023.
- Ensure that you plan to attend Penn State DuBois for at least two full years if admitted to the Honors Scholar Program (through at least Spring 2025). This is needed to ensure an appropriate timeframe to complete all requirements of the program.
- Apply to Penn State DuBois online.
- Completely fill out the optional sections of the Penn State Application titled Personal Activities and Personal Statement. In your Personal Statement include why you think you would be a valuable addition to the Honors Scholar Program. We will be thoroughly evaluating your responses in those sections. *If you already applied and did not fill out either of these sections as stated above, please complete these two questions below.
- Forward your high school transcripts and any test scores (SAT, ACT, etc.) to the University.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from a non-family member who is able to fully support your application to the Penn State DuBois Honors Scholar Program.
- Respond to all parts of the essay questions below.
We are able to access the information needed from step 2 online. Please have your reference directly email a letter of recommendation to:
Ms. Melissa Duttry, Director of Enrollment Services