For more information, contact Continuing Education at 814-375-4772 or e-mail [email protected].
In co-ordination with other Penn State Continuing Education departments, this course is taught virtually using a zoom connection. All course materials will be sent to the trainee in advance, so early registration is suggested.
This course is ideal for those who are just starting out in the human resources profession, or those who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee management skills.
Human Resource professionals are constantly finding the trainings that employees need to keep their companies thriving. This program is designed specifically for those same human resource professionals and provides the foundation of HR knowledge that will help keep them up-to-date on new HR concepts. In addition to HR professionals, this training will be helpful to small business owners and also managers and other supervisors with HR responsibilities.
This program provides participants with knowledge and skills that can be used immediately. The course addresses six key human resource subjects in a user-friendly format designed to give an effective learning experience.
- Human Resources – and a clear understanding of the human resource function.
- Talent Acquisition – and the important skills needed for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards – and the elements of the compensation system.
- Learning and Development - and important information on orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management – and the reasons for and process of completing performance evaluation.
- Employment Law – and the HR professional’s application of key HR legislation.