Due to COVID-19 CDC recommendations and public health safety, the DuBois Library space is currently closed to in-person use. The University Libraries website is 100% open and available, as are library faculty and staff.
The library is offering curbside pickup of library requested materials. An appointment must be scheduled.
CURBSIDE PICK UP HOURS
- Jan. 11 to Feb. 12
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am to 10:00 am
- Beginning February 15
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
We're here to help! Contact us for reference help, research consultations, instruction, and other online services https://libraries.psu.edu/directory/dubois
Our online resources are available on our website: http://libraries.psu.edu
The following list is a brief summary of services. Please contact us with questions.
- Reference and research consultation will be conducted via email, phone, and/or Zoom. Contact us individually. The Ask a Librarian service on the University Libraries website will continue to operate as normal (https://libraries.psu.edu/ask).
- Instruction will be conducted remotely via Zoom. We can also provide asynchronous options. Please contact Emily Zimmerman.
- Interlibrary loan requests for copies will be processed but dependent on the ability of other libraries to fill them. Requests for loans of print materials will not be processed until the library re-opens.
- Circulation of all print and other resources is suspended. Anything you currently have checked out will be extended and fines will be waived.
- Course reserves are moving online at faculty request.
- For help discovering e-books, streaming videos, electronic access to newspapers, magazines, and journals, etc. to replace or supplement your regular course materials, please contact us.
Continue to check for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 on the University Library page (https://libraries.psu.edu/covid19). Our Remote Resources page includes the many services for our remote users (https://libraries.psu.edu/remote-resources-penn-state-library-users).
Library Collections & Resources:
At this time, students, faculty, and staff may still borrow materials from the Libraries. You can request materials be shipped to DuBois for pickup using the "I want it" feature. Additionally, as you know, University Libraries has a rich collection of online resources including streaming video, electronic books, databases, and electronic journals. Library staff are happy to help you find the materials you need. The following links may also help:
- All databases are available via this list https://libraries.psu.edu/databases
- The Try These First guide may help students get started with some all-purpose tools https://libraries.psu.edu/try-these-first
- The Subject Guides may help identify databases, websites, and other research tools relevant to a particular topic or subject area https://libraries.psu.edu/guides/subject
- Tips on discovering streaming video are available in this guide http://guides.libraries.psu.edu/videoresources
- The main search box (FIND: Books, Articles, and More) on the Libraries website is a useful way to discover electronic books and other materials, as well as access full text of known journal articles.
For the latest information on University Libraries' response to the hiatus from on-site instruction, go to https://libraries.psu.edu/covid19.