For more information, contact Continuing Education at 814-375-4772 or
e-mail [email protected].
Nearly a billion people in the world speak Mandarin Chinese. Whether you do business overseas or wish to travel to a Chinese-speaking country, this introductory course will provide a language overview and teach greetings and introductions, letters and numbers, important cultural phrases and other student requested Chinese words. This class will also introduce students to the Chinese culture, customs and traditions. Designed to help those doing business with Chinese companies or those wanting to travel to China, this class will also be enjoyable for those just wanting to learn more about Chinese culture.
Students will learn polite such as please, thank you and you're welcome. Students will also learn important phrases for traveling, asking directions and how to read road signs. Our instructor will utilize small groups, presentations and role playing as ways to teach students what they need to know about communicating with Chinese friends and colleagues
Conversational/Business Mandarin Chinese
Please contact us for interest in this class.
Discounts are available for Penn State employees, companies with 4 or more registrations, and Penn State DuBois students
Overall Student Goals:
- Learn, recognize and reproduce important Chinese phrases
- Develop knowledge that will help you travel comfortably in China
- Develop knowledge and skills that will help you do business with Chinese companies
- Develop a better understanding of the Chinese culture and traditions Chinese phrases
This class is designed for:
- Those planning a trip to China
- Those doing business with Chinese companies
- Those wanting to learn more about the culture and heritage