Behavior Expectations/Code of Conduct
Virtual Class Code of Conduct
- Be respectful of others; harassment will be not tolerated. Hazing of any kind is prohibited. Cyberbullying is prohibited.
- Using inappropriate imaging, screenshots and digital devices is prohibited.
- Follow staff, volunteer, and guest instructions and raise concerns respectfully.
- Contribute ideas and adhere to a youth-driven group agreement (if applicable).
- Dress appropriately when on video.
- Use a neutral background that is unobstructed by objects that could be deemed inappropriate, reveal private/sensitive information about the participant and that cannot be interfered with or interrupted by others.
- Participation in the digital environment is held to the same standard as a physical environment, including participating when called on, listening attentively, and minimizing distractions to others.
- Make arrangements so your child is able to attend every day of the program, and able to sign-in on time and be prepared; this includes avoiding scheduling appointments during the program so that a child’s activity can be monitored.
- Based on the guidelines set forth by the American Red Cross, participants under the age of 12 must have an adult present with them during their virtual sessions. The adult does not need to be visible on camera but must be in the vicinity so that the participant and session are both observed and interruptible.
- Communicate with staff prior to program start time if your child must be absent. Please send email to [email protected] or call 814-375-4715.
- Work together with program staff to resolve issues that arise with your child.
- Disruptive or aggressive behavior will be handled as follows: Incident One - warning and discussion with student; Incident Two - parent discussion; and Incident Three - student will be expelled from the camp.
- I further understand that my child’s violation of the rules and standards of conduct or failure to comply with the reasonable direction of Program Staff or University employee may result in my child’s dismissal from the Program.
In-Person (On-Campus) Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to be respectful and courteous to one another, instructors, counselors, and all staff.
- Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities. If there is any reason that the camper needs to be excused, please contact the instructor.
- Students are not permitted to go off campus without the written consent from a parent or guardian.
- Misuse or damage of University property is unacceptable. Charges will be assessed against those who are responsible for damage or misusing University property.
All program participants must abide by the following University Regulations and Standards of Conduct prohibiting the following:
- Possession and use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
- Possession of fireworks, guns, and other weapons
- Disruptive behavior
- Hazing and bullying (including verbal, physical and cyber)
- Violence of any kind– this includes sexual abuse and harassment
- Inappropriate use of cameras, imaging, and digital devices including use of such devices in restrooms, or other areas where privacy is expected by participants
Participants in violation of any of the above rules and regulations will be verbally warned and given a first offense. If a second violation is observed, the program staff will contact the parent or guardian of the participant. If a third violation is observed, the student will be withdrawn from the program and the parent/guardian will be contacted to pick up the child immediately. No refunds will be given for students released from the program due to rule violations.