Penn State DuBois Police Services:
Emergency (Fire, Ambulance, Police):
Dial - 911
Clearfield County 911 Center Non-Emergency Numbers:
1-800-689-3535 (814 area code only).
814-765-9911, 9912, 9922
Penn State DuBois Campus Police Services:
814-375-4734 / 4710 or County 911 Center
Officer Licatovich: email@example.com
NOTE: If the campus officer is not on duty the 911 center will dispatch a DuBois City Police Officer.
DuBois City Police:
1-800-689-3535 (County 911 Center)
PSU-DuBois Business Service Office / Tech Service: 814- 375-4710
John Luchini: 814-590-4495
NOTICE: If you dial 4710 and the office is closed, the call will be forwarded to an on duty Service Tech person via portable radio, and that person will answer you. In addition, when the campus police are on duty they monitor this channel.
Pennsylvania State Police - DuBois Barracks: 814-371-4652
For a Non-Emergency, when using a University telephone call University Police at ext. 4734 or 4710
For a Non-Emergency, if you're calling from a non-University phone, University Police at call (814) 375-4734 or (814) 375-4710
For a physical injury or serious illness ON CAMPUS, the faculty, staff member, or coach present should:
- Give immediate first aid as appropriate.
- Notify the Campus Nurse, Jill Betton ext. 4765. If the Nurse is not available, notify the Director of Student Affairs, Rebecca Pennington ext. 4766, or in her absence, the Director of Business Services, John Luchini ext. 4711.
- Have someone stay with the student, and DO NOT let the student leave the area until help arrives to evaluate the situation.
- The Campus Nurse will contact the ambulance service if necessary, and notify Tech Service to direct the ambulance to the proper area and have walkie-talkies available for communication. If the Nurse or Director of Student Affairs are not available, the faculty, staff member or coach present will, if an emergency exists, call for the ambulance service at 911 and report the incident to the Nurse as soon as possible after the incident.
- The Nurse will inform the Director of Student Affairs, Chancellor and the student's parents or spouse, in that order.
- The Campus Nurse will make a record of the incident with copies to the Chancellor, Director of Student Affairs and Director of Business Services.
For a physical injury or serious illness at an OFF CAMPUS University sponsored event, the faculty, staff member, or coach present should:
- Seek immediate medical attention for the injured party.
- Complete an incident report and submit it to the Student Health Center. The Nurse will send copies of the report to appropriate personnel. The report is to include the student's name, student ID number, date, time, location where accident or illness occurred, description of accident or illness, and how it was handled.
- If the injury occurs at a local OFF-CAMPUS event, an ambulance will transport the injured directly to the hospital, not back to the Campus.
- The Director of Student Affairs will arrange to have the student's parents or spouse notified, if necessary.
For serious emotional adjustment problems, the faculty, or staff member should:
- Notify a member of the Early Intervention Team:
Rebecca Pennington, Director of Student Affairs – firstname.lastname@example.org or 375-4766
Sarah Raybuck, Academic Advisor - email@example.com or 375-4796
Jill Betton, Campus Nurse – firstname.lastname@example.org or 375-4765
Diana Kreydt, Disability Services Coordinator – email@example.com or 372-3037
Jim Kuterbach, Instructor in HDFS – firstname.lastname@example.org or 375-4852
Officer John Licatovich – email@example.com or 375-4734 or 911 in an emergency
- The Team member will meet with the student if appropriate to determine what action is required and contact the appropriate health agency or the Crisis Intervention Service if necessary (24 hour crisis counseling is available by dialing 1-800-341-5040).
- Licensed Practical Counselor Janet Satterlee is available by appointment on Mondays from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Contact Nurse Jill Betton at 375-4765.
- Faculty or staff members who have early concerns about students may submit an Early Alert Form to the Early Intervention Team for further action on their part.
The ambulance service should be used in emergency cases of injury or illness when transportation is necessary. (Dial 911).
Penn Highlands DuBois Emergency Room is the likely place the ambulance will take the patient.
Remember, the University does not have insurance covering students. Therefore, expenses incurred at the hospital or from the physician are the responsibility of the student. There is a free community health clinic available on Tuesdays from 7 to 9 (375-6330). The Campus contract physician is available Wednesdays from 12:00 to 1:00 pm and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00 pm in the Health Service Office, by appointment (375-4765) or on an as-needed basis.
During the hours between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday, please notify the Campus Nurse (ext. 4765) if an ambulance is needed. After 5 pm and on weekends, or if the Nurse is not available during the normal work day, please call the ambulance service directly (911), should an emergency arise, and contact Maintenance to direct emergency vehicles and assist as needed. The weekend maintenance schedule is 7 am -5 pm on Saturday and 12-6 pm on Sunday during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer maintenance is available during events. Dial 4848 for assistance.
First Aid Kits are available in the following locations:
Health Center (Room 15)
Student Affairs (Supply Closet)
Physics Lab (Room 4)
Electrical Engineering Lab (Room 3)
Chemistry Lab (Room 123)
Biology Lab (Room 122)
Aerobics Room/Fitness Room
IDS Office (Room 142)
Art Room (Room 50)
- Safety & Security
- University Police Home
- In Case of Emergency
- Emergency Procedure & Evacuations
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Parking Information
- Parking Map
- Clearfield Co. Crime Stoppers
- Pennsylvania Crime Statistics
- Policies, Safety & U
- Megan's Law/Sexual Offenders List
- University Police Authority by State Statute
- Contact Campus Security
- Other Safety & Security Useful Links
- Campus Information