Natural Gas Careers Forum and Exposition - Friday, April 26th
The Natural Gas Careers Forum is an event is geared at students and folks interested in learning about the careers related to the natural gas industry. Learn about our degrees and faculty related to the industry as well as the non-credit training opportunities we have available through our affiliation with ShaleTEC (Penn College).
The Natural Gas Careers Forum is slated for 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. in the Hiller Auditorium
Forum will include:
- Mike Forgione, from ShaleTEC, will give a brief introduction and history of Natural Gas
- Presentation of the industry and careers
- Educational opportunities at Penn State DuBois related to Natural Gas
The exposition will follow from 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in the student union, as well as the MEET-U exhibit in the parking lot. Lunch is available for purchase at the Lion's Den Café.
Exposition will include
- The Drake Well Museum’s Mobile Energy Education and Training Unit (MEET-U), a 44 foot long rolling exhibit. Housed primarily in a modified tractor-trailer, the MEET-U features hands-on activities such as videos, artifacts, and interactive experiments designed to educate participants about various forms of energy including oil, gas, coal, wind, and solar.
- Local employers from each type of business within the industry (land management employees, geologists, engineers, drillers, producers, welders, truck drivers, and more.)
Employers planning to attending exposition (as of April 19):
Pre Drilling: Little Pine Resources
Production: EQT Corporation, ECA
Services: Apple Tractor, Bigler Boyz, Superior Energy
Training & Education: Penn State DuBois, ShaleTec, PA CareerLink
Contact Jeannine Hanes for more information & to RSVP at: email@example.com or 375-4836
Interested in taking a class the summer about the Natural Gas Industry ?
Looking for a job in the natural gas industry?
Marcellus Shale Floor Hand Training courses starts May 21, 2013