New Student Orientation: Advising & Scheduling (NSO) Phase 1 – R.O.A.R.
First Year Students -- For students starting with fewer than 18 college credits
You must take your math placement test (ALEKS) before scheduling a date for NSO. In order to access the ALEKS Math Assessment via LionPATH, you must have an active Penn State Access Account. You should have already activated your account, but if you need assistance please return to myPennState or visit us on the web at http://orientation.psu.edu.
New Student Orientation (NSO) Phase 1 – R.O.A.R.
- Explains placement for Math and English writing courses
- Includes a one-on-one scheduling session with your NSO advisor. During this session, you will discuss your educational plans.
- Teaches you about the academic structure of Penn State and with the multiple degree programs available.
- May provide you with a Penn State Student ID. In order to obtain a Penn State id+Card, students must present one of the following forms of photo IDs: A state-issued driver’s license or ID card, a passport, US or a military photo ID. PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING THIS WITH YOU ON YOUR NSO DAY.
- Acquaints you with the DuBois campus, our procedures, staff, and our Orientation Leaders.
- Helps you select courses and register for your first semester of study.
Timeline for students admitted Fall 2017
In early April, you will schedule an NSO date after your ALEKS placement test is completed.
Seven days before your scheduled date, you will be notified to complete pre-NSO homework. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE ATTENDING NSO.
Please plan to spend the entire day on campus with a family member or parent.
Fall New Student Orientation Dates (you will choose one):
Week 1: 6/12, 6/14 & 6/16
Week 2: 6/27 & 6/29
Week 3: 7/25 & 7/27
Last Session: 8/11
NOTE to Transfer Students - For students transferring 18 or more college credits - Attending orientation provides students the opportunity to learn about Penn State Berks and get connected with the technology used for student records and classroom requirements.
Timeline for transfer students admitted for Fall
Transfer students please check your regular mail email for further information on your NSO date.
For questions, call the Academic Advising Center at 814 375-4763